Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Packing Anxiety

I have major anxiety any time I have to pack. It got even worse once I had kids and had to pack for them. I have reason to be anxious. I forget things a lot.

For example:

When Tayler and I were on our way to my parents house to take our engagement pictures I realized as we were driving down the turnpike that I had forgotten to bring his pants. Not just the pants he wanted to wear for the picture, but any pants at all. Oh, and socks too.

One year at Thanksgiving I realized when I went to brush my teeth the first night that I had forgotten my toiletries. Tayler had to run to CVS for me and buy the essentials. It's a good thing I don't wear make up.

When I was hugely pregnant with Mason we went to my parents house for the weekend. We were there for my sister's graduation party and to go out for a nice family dinner at Abe and Louie's. When we got there I realized I forgot to pack shoes for either of us. All we had were the flip flops we were wearing. The next morning when I went to get dressed for the party I realized I had forgotten my skirt.

Yeah, I really am that bad.

So, back to my understandable anxiety. Mason and I are going to Atlanta to visit my sister on Thursday. I have already started worrying about what I might forget. I have to bring a stroller, a car seat, etc. I just have to remind myself that there is always a Target nearby if I forget something.

2 comments:

CHarris said...

I think you should start making lists

Unknown said...

the best part is that she does make lists, she just doesnt check them twice! :-) Can't wait to see you and Mason tomorrow!