Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A picture for Ramesh

Ramesh is a fairly new co-worker of mine from India. He has a great understanding of English, but maybe not our idioms in America. While looking at some photos in my office he saw one of Rachel and me from my bachelorette party. His comment was "You are much fatter than your sister!" And that was before I was this fat and Rachel was this skinny!

I am finally trying to do something about it though. I lost the first 30 pounds of Tootsie in the first month after he was born. That was easy. But 13 pounds lingered. I say they are the Tostitos I ate while I was pregnant. I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past two weeks. I give myself a little break on the weekends, just so I don't quit like I have every other time. I have lost 4 pounds so far, so I have about 9 left to go. Or maybe 14 if I feel ambitious. Nine would get me to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am also exercising. I am doing the couch to 5k training program. Tayler is doing it with me, and so it Tootsie. He even has a brand spanking new jogging stroller. Rachel comes with us on our runs too, even though she is way advanced for us. We are one week in. Tayler and Rachel complain because I don't want to talk while I am running. They say that I am a grump. I am too hard working!

2 comments:

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandy said...

Dude - I can't fit into my UNDERWEAR and I haven't even had a kid! Seriously! Can't wait to see you guys next week - although I'm worried everyone's going to think I'm pregnant cause I've put on a few!

You look great! You have always been so little and tiny through my eyes! I know everyone sees themselves differently, though.