Monday, September 1, 2008

Goings On

It's been a long time since I posted basically because I am lazy.  But a lot has happened, so I think I'll use bullet points.

  • First and foremost, Tayler got a new job!  He is starting tomorrow at Charles Schwab.  He will be servicing accounts in New York for institutional brokers.  Best of all, he will get a salary plus bonuses.  No more of this commissions crap!
  • Our house basically fell apart over the last few weeks.  We had to get a whole new AC (both the condenser and the air handler) and a new water heater.  And then Friday we found out we have to replumb the entire house because that is cheaper than getting to the pinhole leak in our copper pipes.  Needless to say, it's been an expensive week.
  • Mason turned 2.  We got him a cute tricycle that he refuses to even sit on, much less ride.  I owe him a birthday letter like the one I wrote last year.  Maybe I will get around to it before he turns three.
  • Layla is gaining weight.  When Trudy saw her on Saturday she said she was a "healthy" baby who "likes to eat".  She isn't quite as fat as Mason was, but she may be getting there.  I always thought he was fat because of the Nestle Good Start.  But Layla is on Enfamil, so maybe it is just in their genes.
  • Layla has started to smile all the time.  It is very cute to see.
  • I go back to work a week from today.  A week ago I said I wasn't ready.  Now I am.  Eight weeks is perfect for me.  I need some stimulation.  I have become way too dependent on tv, my bed, and computer games.  
Cute things Mason does:
  • He told his first joke.  At dinner last week he said "Knock Knock".  I said "Who's there?".  He said "Grandma".  I said "Grandma who?"  He said "Grandma Penny" and started laughing hysterically.  Funniest part - no one claims to have taught this to him.  He really did make this up.
  • Yesterday when I asked Mason if his nose was running and he said yes, I said "where is it going?"  His response - "In my mouth!"
  • Every morning Mason wants to "See Layla in the Plack and Play".  Yes, he says plack, not pack.
  • He does not want us to sleep in his bed with him.  When Daddy or I ask if we can stay he says "Get out!"
  • I'm sure there is more, but I can't remember them right now.

No comments: